Young Addaction Lancashire - North
Services we provide
Open evenings & weekends
Tea & coffee
How to find us
- By train: head from Lancaster train station to town center, take a left at the traffic lights, continue for 4 minutes, right onto Church Street, first left onto new road.
- By car: head down A6 (from the South) and continue along China Street in the right hand lane, pass the bus station, car parking available on the right.
- From North follow one way system round until A6 then follow instructions above
- By bus: numerous buses from Carnforth, Morecambe and Lancaster stop at Lancaster bus station, we are directly across the road.
What we offer
We are a young people’s substance misuse service for under 25’s. We cover Lancaster and Morecambe, Fylde and Wyre. Our work is mainly conducted in one to ones using a variety of psychosocial interventions (MI, BSFT, CBT and ITEP). We conduct group work for young people and professionals around drugs and alcohol and take part in outreach engaging young people in their own environment. If needed, we have access to prescribing for those who require pharmaceutical interventions.
We see clients in community venues including youth centres; college’s schools and youth offending teams with drop ins at the office. We receive referrals from a variety of sources including self, parents, schools, hospitals and criminal justice.
We deal with all drugs and alcohol, including NPS/legal highs. Our clients have ranged from an 8 year old for cannabis education to 20 year olds on heroin and crack cocaine. In the main we receive referrals for 15 -18 year olds for alcohol and cannabis.
We work alongside the Amy Winehouse Foundation to deliver Resilience Programme in schools.
- Volunteer placements with Resilience/AWF programme(must be in abstinent recovery)
- We are currently developing a generic volunteer programme
- Student placements available for social work students
I was sceptical about the effectiveness of your service but can honestly say I believe the work the organisation does is fantastic, truly amazing. They change lives they change families.Parent of service user