Young Addaction Lancashire - Central
Services we provide
Open evenings & weekends
Tea & coffee
How to find us
- By train: head from Preston train station down Fishergate and turn right onto Theatre St
- By car: head onto Fishergate via Lune St and turn left on to Theatre Street – parking is available via Fishergate car park
- By bus: numerous buses from Preston and surround areas stop on Fishergate, near our building
What we offer
We are a young people’s substance misuse service for under 25s. We cover Preston, South Ribble, Chorley and West Lancashire. Our work is mainly conducted in one to ones using a variety of psychosocial interventions (MI, BSFT, CBT and ITEP). We conduct group work for young people and professionals around drugs and alcohol and take part in outreach engaging young people in their own environment. If needed, we have access to prescribing for those who require pharmaceutical interventions.
We see clients in community venues including youth centres; college’s schools and youth offending teams with drop ins at the Urban Exchange. We receive referrals from a variety of sources including self, parents, schools, hospitals and criminal justice.
We deal with all drugs and alcohol, including NPS/legal highs. Our clients have ranged from an 8 year old for cannabis education to 20 year olds on heroin and crack cocaine. In the main we receive referrals for 15 -18 year olds for alcohol and cannabis.
We have recently appointed a Young People’s domestic abuse support worker for Central Lancashire
We work alongside the Amy Winehouse Foundation to deliver Resilience Programme in schools.
- Volunteer placements with Resilience/AWF programme(must be in abstinent recovery)
- We are currently developing a generic volunteer programme
- Student placements available for social work students
Our aim is to offer an accessible, informative and holistic service to our young people and their families, focusing on all their needs and helping them achieve all their goalsManager
I was sceptical about the effectiveness of your service but can honestly say I believe the work the organisation does is fantastic, truly amazing. They change lives they change familiesParent of service user