Young Addaction Halton
Services we provide
How to find us
Situated within the Community and Youth Centre on Grangeway (Thorn Road Clinic is opposite).
What we offer
Youngaddaction Halton is commissioned by Halton Borough Council to provide services to young people aged 10-19 and up to 25 with additional needs.
Youngaddaction Halton delivers an innovative and unique service, one being a specialist substance misuse service where support is given to young people in relation to their alcohol and substance misuse, the other being an integrated early intervention targeted and prevention service within schools, colleges and the wider community.
Current delivery focuses on:
- Information and awareness around drugs and alcohol
- Information and support for families and carers
- Support around paternal substance misuse and/or mental health
- One to one support with drug and alcohol issues
- Support around emotional health and wellbeing
- C-Card and sexual health screenings, and information
- Referrals/signposting to other support agencies
- Information on how to keep yourself safe and address risk taking behaviours
- Teens and Toddlers
- Amy Winehouse Resilience Programme
- School, college and youth club drop ins
- Youth Parliament, Participation and Democracy
- Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- Mayors’ Awards
- Opportunities to become young leaders and volunteers
Youngaddaction Halton also provides a mobile outreach programme via our VRMZ Bus and Streetwise teams.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and caring people over the age of 14 who are willing to spare some of their time to become volunteers and young leaders. If you would like the opportunity to experience working within a multidiscipline team, share your own experiences or provide support to other young people and families then Young Addaction Halton can provide the platform and opportunities for you. You will receive access to real opportunities supported by a structured training programme and a point of contact available throughout your volunteer placement. In return you will receive:
- Personal and professional development.
- A challenging and supportive working environment.
- The opportunity to shadow experienced professionals in one-to-one sessions, schools, training facilities, hostels and with the detached street-based and mobile outreach teams.
- Regular supervision and peer support.
- Regular training opportunities.
How long does the volunteer placement last?
That depends on you and your commitments. However, Young Addaction Halton are looking for volunteers and young leaders to offer a minimum of five hours per week. This will provide the most benefit to both the volunteer and the project.
How do I volunteer?
We have volunteer intakes throughout the year. If you would like to apply or discuss any of the above information further, please contact us on 01928 240406.
Volunteers are provided with opportunities to enhance service delivery alongside staff by supporting the outreach team, delivering education sessions, key working clients, group work and attending community events. All volunteers are provided with access to an induction and training programme which covers safeguarding, health, skills sharing sessions and Addaction’s E Learning Programme. All volunteers undertake the DANOS Level 3 Responding to Substance Misuse Level 3 and ASDAN qualification via the Amy Winehouse Foundation programme.
"My sessions have made me see that I can achieve things and have shown me that if I go off track sometimes it doesn’t have to be the end of the world. I can now understand what’s happening, for me to move forward with what I want to do."Young Female 13
"I hadn’t realised that having a criminal record now through using drugs, would stop me from applying for a job in the fire service in the future. Working with Youngaddaction had made me think about the bigger picture”.Young Male 14