Services we provide
How to find us
The Grieg Institute Annexe is situated behind Leven High Street adjacent to the Forth Street Car Park. We are about 100m from Leven bus station (walk along High Street and turn right at Greggs the bakers). Free parking is available outside the premises.
What we offer
Addaction Fife is a specialist harm reduction service that offers a wider range of equipment than pharmacy based exchanges. It provides a range of other services to help reduce drug related harm including:
- 1:1 assessment, referral and support into treatment (only if requested)
- Mobile outreach (see attachment for times and places)
- Overdose prevention work including access to The Take Home Naloxone programme (THN)
- Blood borne virus testing for HIV and Hepatitis
- Safer drug use advice and information
- Needle syringe provision
- Onward referrals
- Free condoms
- Sexual health advice
- Help to stop injecting
- Access point for further treatment
Needle exchange staff can provide advice and information on issues related to your substance use. Simply let them know what you’re using and they’ll ensure you get the right equipment. They will also be happy to discuss your injecting practice and any concerns or questions you may have in relation to it.
Some basic and anonymous details will be asked for on the first visit. There will be an expectation for you to use the same information at every exchange.
* Addaction Fife operates a mobile outreach clinic. Its stop-off places and times are listed in the downloadable document on this page called 'Times and places you can access Addaction Fife's services' *
“If you would like to find out how to reduce the risk of your drug or alcohol use, please pay us a visit. Even if you do not want to stop using, we can help you stay safe. As well as our site in Leven, we also run a mobile needle exchange van.”Manager
“Service is great, staff are friendly and welcoming. Easy to talk to.”Service user