Addaction Dumfries and Galloway
Services we provide
Tea & coffee
How to find us
- Our Dumfries site is at the top of Buccleuch Street, just before traffic lights and directly opposite Bethany Hall.
- Our Stranraer site is on the main one-way thoroughfare of the town and next to Gordon’s Pharmacy and Tesco.
What we offer
The Addaction service in Dumfries and Galloway provides support to anyone over the age of 18 with drug and/or alcohol addiction issues. We work in partnership with the Specialist Drug and Alcohol Service and the local social work department as part of a hub specifically supporting people with alcohol and/or drug related issues.
Our services are offered across a range of community and office based settings as well as in service users’ homes. They include:
- Individual face-to-face assessments
- Group sessions using Mutual Aid Partnership (MAP) meetings as our key approach
- Tools and techniques from MAP forming the basis of much of our one-to-one and other group sessions
- Comprehensive and confidential assessments which include personal recovery plans
- Using Outcome Star we can enable each service user to achieve their own specific recovery goals
- A recovery plan, completed with each service user, specifically for tailored to their needs and reviewed on a regular basis
Out-of-hours appts available on request and to suit service user needs.
“Our service really does embrace the culture and values of Addaction in ensuring service users are at the heart of their own recovery. We have built extensive partnerships with all our key partners to deliver across a wide rural area. This allows for joint working and linking service users with appropriate support as and when it is required.”Manager