Addaction helps people change their behaviour to become the very best that they can be. It could be their drug or alcohol use or worries about their mental health – we support people to making lasting change in their lives.
We are one of the UK’s leading and largest specialist drug, alcohol and mental health treatment charities. We believe that effective treatment needs to be tailored to the individual. Supporting people to recover is central to our work.
We deliver a wide range of specialist interventions to support adults and young people, and provide individuals with a tailored programme of support to improve their health, wellbeing and quality of life.
Our National Recovery Awards are open to all people in recovery.
Award categories are as follows:
1) Exceptional Individual in the Field of Recovery
2) Exceptional Group in the Field of Recovery
3) Exceptional Activity in the Field of Recovery
4) Exceptional Media in Challenging the Stigma of Recovery
Download the form here to nominate someone you know!
Our aim is to work closely with local commissioners and stakeholders, so that our services are specifically tailored to local need. We build strong relationships with commissioners in order to ensure we make the very best use of the resources we have available to work in local communities. Read more about our approach to services.
We deliver a range of services to local communities. These include:
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) services for those with mild to moderate mental health issues.
- Adult substance misuse services in both communities and prisons, including a full range of clinical interventions.
- Young people’s substance misuse services including early intervention, education and specialist treatment.
- Breaking the Cycle family services, aimed at supporting those with intergenerational substance misuse. We also deliver family interventions through services like our Family Intervention Project (FIP).
- Services for those with complex and multiple needs, such as our Fulfilling Lives services in Blackpool.
- Our innovative Drink Wise, Age Well programme, which works on older adult drinking behaviour.
We work in partnership with a broad range of other organisations. If you are interested in getting more involved with Addaction, please contact your local service manager.
Referring someone to us
In most cases, you can refer someone directly to our services just by phoning your nearest service or emailing us, or people can self-refer. When you make a referral to us, you can ask to be kept informed of the progress of your referral, which we will do, subject to the consent of the client. People who use our services can decide on the level of contact they want with us: whether this is a brief intervention, some guidance or information, or joining one of our programmes.