How we protect your data
We remain committed to respecting your privacy. Your information will only ever be shared with staff and volunteers who have been appropriately trained, and will never be shared with any third party unless necessary to process your donation or if you have explicitly requested it in writing.
We will always respect how you have chosen to be communicated with, and you can change those preferences or object to receiving any/all of these communications at any time by emailing email@example.com.
What data is collected
The types of information that we collect and maintain are as follows:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number and email address
- Year of birth and gender (for statistical purposes)
- Giving information: donation amount, date, purpose and method
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for information
- Any comments or suggestions provided by the donor regarding special interests or preferences
How we use your data
We use this information to process your donation(s), understand your interest(s) in our mission and to update you on our plans and activities. This will include the following communications:
- General newsletters updating you on our work and fundraising activities (a maximum of two hard copy newsletters and three e-newsletters per year)
- Fundraising appeals (a maximum of three per year)
- Our charity publications, such as our Annual Report and/or Impact Report
We use third parties to process your regular donations (Rapidata) and one-off donations (Blackbaud Merchant Services). These are processed via a secure server, using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your personal information, including card number, name and address, so that it cannot be read as it travels over the internet.
Our partners are both compliant with Data Protection regulations. We also undertake comprehensive checks on companies before we work with them, and enforce a contract that sets out our expectation and requirements, especially in regards to how they manage the personal data they collect or have access to.
What to do if your data is incorrect
You can request to see a copy of the information we have about you in writing at any time, and/or ask for this information to be amended or deleted, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.