Addaction is committed to providing high quality services. However, you may complain to Addaction if you consider:
- We have failed to do something we should have done
- We have done something badly
- We have treated you unfairly or discourteously
We appreciate feedback and if something goes wrong we need to know about it as it helps us to continually improve our services. Sometimes Addaction cannot do all that is asked of us. This may be because of lack of resources or for other reasons. However, if something cannot be done you deserve an explanation.
We also encourage suggestions for improvements. Feedback on what we do well is just as useful and very welcome. To give feedback, please use the contact form.
It is expected that in most cases the case worker will be working with the local manager to deal with the complaint.
- Whether your complaint is verbal or written it will be formally recorded by us.
- Your complaint will normally be investigated by the local manager or an appropriate person where this is not possible or desirable.
- We will aim to satisfactorily resolve your complaint within 20 days. If this isn’t possible we will let you know.
- If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved it will progress to the next stage where it will be investigated by more senior staff
Addaction is committed to resolving issues raised as quickly as possible. If you are unhappy about how you are being treated we want, whenever possible, to find an informal way to resolve the issue. To help with this we commit to being very clear about what the service is, who it is for, waiting times and what you can expect to happen.
How to make a complaint
In the first instance, please speak to a worker or the local manager. Or you can write/email your local service, or email email@example.com or write to us at the head office at the address below:
Addaction, 67-69 Cowcross Street, London EC1M 6PU
If you are still unhappy after you have completed this process, you can make a complaint to The Ombudsman. They will normally only take on a complaint if you have been through our process and you are not satisfied with the outcome. Contact their helpline on 0345 015 4033 or visit www.ombudsman.org.uk
As all of our services are registered with the Care Quality Commission in England and the Care Inspectorate in Scotland, you can also make a complaint or give feedback directly to them.
CQC (England) 03000 616161
Care Inspectorate Scotland: Tel 0345 600 9527